And I said I wouldn’t think about job hunting this weekend. The best made plans sometimes fail. Friday became a scurry of activity for me. Strange how everything comes in threes. I got an email from a company asking if I could do a phone interview Monday morning. I said yes of course.
A second company asked me to complete a questionnaire about my previous experience, apparently its their screening process to select interviewees. I carefully completed the questionnaire and formatted it to perfection (just in case it was a test).
I’ve been called back for a second round of interviews (on Wednesday) for a position I first interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. Fingers crossed! This position would be a perfect match for my abilities and its close to home.
So there is absolutely no escaping the job search no matter how hard I try. Here I am, trying to relax, but with Monday on my mind…….wish me luck……AGAIN!
Job Interview Good Signs: Signs That Your Interview Went Well
Here are the signs:
1. The interviewer acts interested (sits up straight), polite, listens carefully, asks good questions and the discussion goes smoothly.
2. The job interview lasts more than the scheduled time. Say – more than 30 minutes.
3. You are introduced to the other team members.
4. The interviewer spends time answering your questions. He or she tells you many details about the job duties, responsibilities, company culture, workplace environment etc. – he “sells” the position to you…
5. The interviewer asks for your references.
6. He or she does not answer phone calls during your interview.
7. The interviewer asks about your availability – when could you start?
8. Your salary expectations are asked and discussed.
9. They say that they are going to call you soon.
10. You can read in the interviewer’s eyes that he or she really liked your answers.
11. The interviewer schedules the next interview right after the job interview – they really do their best to interview you a second time.
12. The interviewer smiles when shaking your hand and gives you his business card telling you to call his cell phone concerning any question.
Now, could you tell if your interview went well?
Though it sometimes tough, try to differentiate between the ‘promising signs’ and the ‘warning signs’ to bolster your self-confidence.